For those who don’t know what MS Visio is? It’s the Microsoft application that is designed to create Flowchart and diagramming, it also helps you to create maps and floor plans.
It is not known to the users as much as the other Microsoft applications are. However, there are limited users for using the application such as architects, builders and home designers.
Visio works on the concept of making the pre-loaded shapes and objects that will let you bring the virtual images to reality. Once you have dragged and dropped the item to your workspace, you can easily adjust the size and the virtual orientation with the simple tools that are present on the object borders.
Read Also >> How to modify themes for Office documents?
If you want to make a floor plan specifically, then Visio 2013 is apt for the users as it includes a complete set of stencils that includes everything from structural walls to electrical, plumbing and heating graphing.
Easy to follow steps to create floor plans using MS Visio
There are certain steps that can be considered to create 3D floor plans using MS Visio application, such steps are as follows:-
- In the first step, you have to click on the “File” tab and then select the “New” option and after this, you have to click on the “Floor Plan” in the option that reads as “Maps and Floor Plan”.
- You have to navigate through the “Shapes” column, here you will get the categorized stencils for elements like home décor elements.
- In this step, you have to select the “Walls, Shell and Structure” option for creating the exterior walls of your floor plan.
- Select the room shapes best suits your needs and then drag and drop to the workspace. Now resize the room with the help of the resizing tool.
- Make the adjustments and then click on the green square icon.
- Add the structural elements to your floor plan.
- You have to add other elements from the tabs like “Electrical and Telecom” option.
- In this step, you have to save your floor plan.
In this article, you will find out the guidelines to create virtual designs and mapping for architectural designing purposes. In case you have any queries related to the use of MS Visio, it is recommended to get in touch with the MS Office Customer Support assistant via toll- free helpline number that is available on Microsoft’s official website that goes by the URL office.com/setup.