Nowadays, everybody is busy in the hustle of life, and people love using those applications and programs which will help them to manage their time. People, especially business professionals are required to keep the time-management factor in their minds so that they can do the stipulated task in the given time period.
No matter you are working in an office or in your home, time-management is the key to achieve the desired goals.
When you deal with Office applications such as Word, Excel, or Outlook you are required to work instantly on them. Fortunately, Microsoft has allowed Outlook users to work efficiently along with managing their time. We use Outlook to manage everything related to emailing, task-management, and schedule meetings with the help of the calendar feature.
On top of that, you can also control the settings of your contacts. You can always get the most out of your Office applications by following the basic principles mentioned in this article.
Some principles you need to follow
- Do not read the messages from different places- you can always minimize this number using the in-built features in Outlook. You can also set the rules for separating the messages that require instant attention and also which do not.
- By-pass some emails- there are certain rules in Outlook which you can set. Using these settings you are not required to open the emails directly from the specified folders. These settings are done because you possibly cannot read each and every message in your inbox.
- Do not file emails at various places- you can manually reduce the number of such places by using the settings of Outlook. This helps to reduce mental stress as well as you can save time to complete other assignments.
- Process your emails- In Outlook you can choose to delete, reply, forward, or flag a message instantly by using categories option.
- Do not create multiple to-do lists- if you have made so many to-do lists in Outlook, you can opt for one list instead of using various lists. This makes confusion in your mind and you utilize much time to find out the one you are actually looking for.
- Use Categories option- Work in batches and use the “categories” option which allows you to divide the task in such a manner that the work is done in teams.
To sum up-
There are other points which you should keep in mind to manage your time. You should also review your calendar and tasks frequently so that you do not miss out on important things. If you are unable to follow everything mentioned in this article, following a few will make you manage your time easily. For more such articles, you can navigate to the official website of office that is office.com/setup.