Whether you’re working from home workstation, or an employee in a company that’s moving to Office 365, you need to activate Office 365 email services on your iPhone. Even if you operate as a freelancer, or take a job from a client who uses Office 365, you need to have an existing Office email account to setup Office 365 email on your iPhone.
Although, it depends on the company policies and IT department, however, for the first-time users, you must register an Office account on your iPhone. You also need the Office account to download and install office setup via office.com/setup.
Why do you need Office setup 365 email services on your iPhone device?
Once you setup Office 365 email services on your iPhone, you can start using mobile integrated MS Office apps from anywhere. For employees and business users, they can share documents, progress reports, access business data, add or remove services, communicate, etc. To do so, you only need to install Office setup via www.Office.com/setup. However, for that too, you need to create and log in to your personal Office 365 account or Office 365 school account, or work account.
If you have purchased an Office setup 365 subscription, then you can access your subscription details, retrieve product key, access additional features via Office 365 email account on your iPhone.
Prerequisites to setup Office 365 email account on your iPhone device
- An active email account – for instance, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email password
- Select either IMAP or POP. In case, you want to access your Office 365 email account on multiple devices, then select IMAP. If you want to receive message locally on your computer/device, then select POP.
The following steps are provided to the iPhone users as a guide to help configure Office 365 email services on their device.
Follow the instructions to Setup Office 365 email on iPhone
- Tap “settings”
- Tap Mail, Contacts and Calendar
- Tap “Add Account”
- Tap Exchange
- Type your Office setup email address and password
- Tap “Next”
- Wait for the verification process is complete
- Choose the services that you want to integrate with your iPhone device
- You can now open your mail box in your iPhone device and view your new mail account.