It is always important to keep your Microsoft related documents password protected as it may contain valuable information or your official data that can be hacked for misuse. So, in order to keep your data safe and protected you need to build a defensive fortress against those who try to breach your data.
Whether you have a Mac operating system or you are having a Windows one, it is important to keep your documents safe.
In simpler terms, you need a password to protect your documents like you protect apps on your smartphone. Here in this article, you will get to know how you can block random access to your Microsoft office both in Windows and Mac OS.
It is equally important to understand that the documents cannot be password-secured from within OneDrive. So, without further delay, let’s get started with the process the keep your docs protected.
Read Also >> How to Fix Microsoft Office SDX Helper when it stops working?
How to protect Microsoft Docs on Windows with a password?
There are certain steps that are required to be followed for keeping your docs safe and protected with the password. These steps are as follows:-
- In the first step, you have to click and open the Microsoft Word doc.
- Now, you have to click on the option that is labeled as “File”.
- After this, you have to click the “Info” tab.
- If there is nothing prompting on the screen then you specifically need to click on the “Info” tab.
- Once this step is completed, you need to click on the “Protect Document” option.
- Now, you just need to click on the “Encrypt with Password” option to proceed further.
- After this, you have to enter the password that you wish to keep.
- Once you have entered the password, you just need to click on the “OK” option.
- In the end, you need to re-enter the password and then click on the “OK” button to confirm.
Note: – You do not need to enter the password at the time of deleting a Microsoft doc.
How to protect Microsoft Docs on Mac with a password?
In order to secure your Microsoft docs with a password lock you just need to follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Double-click on the Microsoft Word doc from your desktop.
- You just have to click on the “Review” option.
- After this option, you need to click on the option that is tagged as “Protect Document” on your screen.
- You now have to enter the password that you wish to keep for locking docs.
- Click on the “Ok” option.
- You have to re-enter the password and then click on the “Ok” option.
- Congratulations!! Your Microsoft doc is now secured with the Password.
With Microsoft, you get the privilege to secure your docs with the passwords. This has helped many users to keep their respective data protected and inaccessible. Hopefully, the steps discussed in the article have helped the users to build a protective shield for their Microsoft documents. If any confusion persists related to the steps discussed above, then it is suggested to visit the Microsoft Office support page and post your relatable queries.