With the help of Microsoft OneDrive app for the Apple iPhone, you can easily scan documents, receipts, business cards, and upload them on your online storage space with just a few taps. You can use the systematic guide. Whether you are an iPhone user or Android user, you can have Microsoft account and its benefits whenever you want. One amongst them is that you will have 5GB of online storage free. As a basic service for all its users, the organization allows 140 GB of online storage to users with an account on Microsoft Office server. You may face a problem related to how to get it. You may have it with the update or preinstall in your device.
One of the features of the OneDrive app for the iPhone is that you can automatically upload your photos and store them online. However, it eats up your free storage fast if you are on the minimum. Google Photos provides you free unlimited online storage for your snapshots. The new features of the OneDrive app are the ability to scan documents, receipts, business cards, and other items, and store them online as PDF files.
This means that you do not need to keep paper documents, which certainly let go the stress of losing them. By keeping all the important docs on OneDriver’s online storage, you create the option to backup them, even if you remove them unwillingly. With all the scanned paperwork on OneDrive, you can use iPhone app hastily.
How to create a folder for scanning process with iPhone OneDrive app?
Read More >> How to setup Microsoft Office suite on a PC?
Scanned documents are saved as PDF files in the currently selected folder. To keep your OneDrive files organized, it is one of the useful methods to create a special folder for your scans.
- Open the OneDrive app and
- Press the plus button at the top of the screen
- Select ‘Create a folder’ in the menu that appears
- Save it with the help of a name
- Your scan folder is created
How to scan an item with iPhone OneDrive app?
- Press the plus button (+)and select Scan at the bottom of the menu bar displaying on the screen
- Point the iPhone camera at the item to be scanned
- The app automatically detects the item and distinguish it from the background is there is reasonable contrast.
- It had no problem with these receipts. It automatically corrects the item that are not straight, the camera can be twisted by 30 degrees, and the app will still straighten the scan
- At the bottom of the screen are a Business card, Document, and Whiteboard. The Document is a general scan that grabs anything and works for most things
- Press the big blue icon to start the scan. The app takes a photo and automatically crops out the background
- In the top right corner, the item is uploading.
However, before you press it you need to tap the filename at the top of the screen. It is not obvious, but you can change the default name to a more descriptive one. Then upload it
How can you view your scanned documents with iPhone OneDrive app?
- The folders and files in your OneDrive storage can be browsed only using the OneDrive app and tapping a file opens it
- Tap a scan (a PDF file) and you can see the image
- Press the three dots for the usual file menu where you can delete it, move it, rename it, and print it
These are the great features and if you do not already have a scanning app, such as one from the best scanner apps for the iPhone, OneDrive is the best alternative. It does not have as many features as a stand-alone scanner app, but it is good enough for most of the tasks. You can carry your documents, receipts and so on, in your pocket.